We are a not for profit educational body, established in 2003 by The Life Centre, one of the UK’s top yoga centres, to train members of the yoga community. Consistent with our not for profit status we keep course and tuition fees as low as we can in order to make our training as accessible as possible to all members of the yoga community.
We offer one of the UK’s top yoga teacher training courses (accredited by Yoga Alliance) and provide specialist training in teaching yoga for pregnancy, children and families. We also offer specialist training in yoga therapy as well as a range of other courses, workshops and events for all levels of students. Many of our courses are taught by some of the most respected teachers in the world and all are run by a friendly and supportive team of yogis. Most – but not all – take place at our training centre in Islington, north London.
For us, what’s important is that every path of the centuries old tradition that is yoga is acknowledged and recognised. Our eclectic and non-dogmatic range of courses and events reflects this.
These are some of the things we hold true:
- that yoga, while undoubtedly producing physical benefits, is so much more than just an exercise system
- that yoga can change your life and transform your outlook – we know, we’ve been there
- that there are many authentic paths of yoga, all of which deserve respect
- that there is a yoga path for everyone: female or male, young or old, stiff or bendy
- that the only thing yoga requires YOU to believe in is yourself
- that yoga teachers should be well trained, but should each retain their own unique style, approach and creativity
- that the whole world deserves a long, delicious savasana!