Soma Prana Vinyasa is an evolution of vinyasa based in the roots of yoga, tantra, ayurveda and the flow of nature. Soma is a vedic-tantric understanding of the ‘revivifying elixir-nectar’, the secret of longevity, and a refined healing essence that can be regenerated with us through forms of meditation and natural flow. During this five-day intensive, we will dive into a juicy, regenerative practice to regenerate tissues, immunity and joy for life, and restore love through the healing lunar arts of yoga and meditative vinyasa.
Shiva will be offering 35 hours of training instead of the usual 30 hour intensive training format. This new approach to vinyasa is distilled from 24 years of evolution of vinyasa and is the first module (part one) to offer how to teach lunar vinyasa as a balancing healing approach to transforming stress and tensions, cultivating ojas and circulating nectar. Soma Prana Vinyasa™ is a regenerative practice that is one-half meditative prana vinyasa namaskars and deep lunar mudrasanas (long holds) and one-half inner arts of meditation, mantra, mudra, self-massage and deep shavasana. Soma is connected to the inner water, ojas, essence, vitality and amrita as the sublime nectar of healing – the energy that can green a desert, and restore love.
In this extra special five-day intensive you will learn a number of Soma Prana Vinyasa™ sequences for regeneration that incorporate the following elements of a Soma Prana Vinyasa practice:
- Lunar Prana Vinyasa Namaskars for cultivating movement meditation, fluidity, rejuvenation
- Lunar mudrasanas – long holds in forward bends, inversions, restorative and supine asanas
- Meditation – mantra, mudra, and contemplation
- Opening and closing chants for regeneration
- Sahaja prana flow – healing flow of spontaneous movement
- Pranayama –lunar breath flows and other prana kriyas
- Wisdom sutras from the tantras and universal wisdom to bring into class
- Prana nadi self-massage – with massage tools, sacred touch and optional essential oils or ayurvedic oils
- Life-practices for cultivating ojas through Ayurveda
Training counts for 200/500 hr Samudra elective. Please contact Samudra School of Yoga.
We will be joined by critically acclaimed musicians including NME Awards nominee Anne Malone and other special guests.
You are encouraged to attend Shiva’s evening workshop on Tuesday 4th July to celebrate US Independence Day and explore Freedom in Flow. You can book your space here. You can also join Shiva on a pilgrimage to the ancient site of Avebury to connect our energetic body to the earth’s elemental energies on the 01st July – bookings here.
ATTEND ALL THREE OF SHIVA’S EVENTS AND RECEIVE A £25 DISCOUNT. You can see Shiva’s teaching schedule here.
Please note that Cecil Sharp House does not provide yoga mats or props and you will need to bring your own. Thank you for your understanding!