This 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) training course is a Level 2 QCF Award and makes anyone who completes it a formally qualified emergency first aider. You will obtain a nationally recognised certificate which is valid for 3 years however Chris Dunkerley will specifically address the types of emergencies a yoga teacher is more likely to come across in a class settings.
Our emergency first aid course covers the following topics:
- Aims and principles of first aid and the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- What to do in an emergency Prioritising injuries and action in an emergency
- How to provide immediate medical care in an emergency
- How to assess if someone is unconscious, whether or not they are breathing and how and when to put them into the recovery position or start CPR
- We will cover common accidents and injuries and empower you with the skills and confidence to provide an immediate and appropriate first aid response
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Importance of a defibrillator and how to use an AED
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Assessment and treatment of miscellaneous medical conditions
- Record keeping and accident forms
Upon successful completion of the multiple-choice question paper and practical exercises, each learner will receive an HSE approved and nationally recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.