The Change: Women, Creativity, Sexuality – Yoga for Menopause CPD
This is a one day workshop of women’s Celtic yoga for the Great Change - all women welcome, but an especially warm welcome for women over 35, or those experiencing perimenopause, menopause or post-menopause. Exploring how yoga can support vitality, sexuality and creativity during the changes we experience as women during peri-menopause, menopause and post-menopause.
This is a one day workshop of women’s Celtic yoga for the Great Change – all women welcome, but an especially warm welcome for women over 35, or those experiencing peri-menopause, menopause or post-menopause. Exploring how yoga can support vitality, sexuality and creativity during the changes we experience as women during peri-menopause, menopause and post-menopause, we base our approach on the yogic understanding that creative and sexual energies are fundamentally the same – both forms of SHAKTI, moving through us.
- What is changing in the great Change? Physical, psychic, emotional and spiritual shifts
- Overview of research into menopause – the big picture – what do we know?
- Exploring the cycles of our lives – relationships between The Change and other life initiations
- Nourishing Total Yoga Nidra for creativity and sensuality, and for healing and vitality
- Breath and movement to reconnect with the elemental source of sexual and creative energies
- Gentle rhythmic movement to restore vitality
- Gentle movement and restorative poses to support creative and sensual energies – supporting delight and love
This day is suitable for all women with an interest in yoga to support these phases of our lives. You are welcome to attend if you are a yoga practitioner who has a personal interest in these practices for your own health and well being, or if you have a professional interest in this work, for example if you are a yoga teacher or yoga therapist, or a health care practitioner or bodyworker or therapist with an interest in supporting clients in these phases of life. For yoga teachers and therapists, this day counts as continuing professional development.
Uma will also be offering a 2-hour workshop at our sister studio The Life Centre, on Yin in Yang and Yang in Yin: Engaged Yoga to Liberate and Support Pranashakti along with Christopher Gladwell from 19.30 to 21.30.
What our students say
Loved the focus on the feminine energy, how to connect to it and nurture its divine nature. A Living Tantra student on Well Woman Yoga, May 2010