Yoga for Back Care: Practising with Imbalances - Manchester
Join Adelene as she shares her journey and experience in practising and living with a structural imbalance, scoliosis. We will understand and learn how to modify and adapt postures, to personalise the practice to support living and being in harmony from moment to moment.
It can be concerning or at times frustrating and limiting to experience imbalances in the body, especially where pain, discomfort and restriction is involved. It is also not uncommon that during yoga practice, where the body and mind is attempting unfamiliar movements and positions, that asymmetries becomes more apparent. More importantly, when there is lack of awareness or attention to asymmetrical sensation during practice, these imbalances may over time become greater.
• Why twisting to one side is less accessible than the other?
• How to manage one shoulder / hip higher or tighter than the other?
• What is happening when discomfort / pain often present itself only on one side and same location?
• Why does balancing on one leg is almost impossible or unstable?
• ‘I feel lopsided!’
With open discussions and experiential practices, Adelene will share her journey and experience in practising and living with a structural imbalance, ie. scoliosis. We will understand and learn how to modify and adapt postures, to personalise the practice to support living and being in harmony from moment to moment.
This workshop offers:
- insights into posture and spinal health, locating and navigating imbalances
- restful release poses and movements to increase mobility
- manage and reduce discomfort on and off the mat
- develop sensory intelligence and acumen
- modified practices for musculoskeletal imbalances
- build confidence in managing and practising with imbalances
- learn to re-map healthy daily postures for optimal support
Join Adelene for a day of physical and mental re-calibration. Suitable for those living with scoliosis, physical or structural imbalances, trainees and teachers who are interested in practising and teaching from a therapeutic perspective.
Adelene is teaching a second workshop: Restorative Yoga: The Art & Science of Rest & Relaxation on 1st March 2020. Receive 10% off when booking both workshops together. To book both workshops together, please call us on +44 (0) 20 7042 9900.
You will receive a Yogacampus certificate of attendance on completion of this workshop
What our students say
“Adelene is very experienced in providing workshops on yoga for scoliosis. She has been able to provide the content with right delivery. Thanks to Yogacampus for arranging the workshop” Sprinivasan Arumugam on Yoga for Scoliosis Introductory Day, February 2018