Job Brief: Yogacampus Board Member for Manchester
This is an invitation to apply to become a key member in the long-established and highly respected Yogacampus Teacher Training Diploma Course.
This role would suit an applicant open to working in a collegiate environment. The Yoga Teacher Training Board meet regularly to review all aspects of the course and has the primary responsibility for assessing students progress. The majority of the course is taught by Board Members.
We would be interested in hearing about your particular strengths in terms of what aspect of the curriculum you would be interested in teaching.
For this role it would be essential to have several years experience in teaching yoga in group classes and workshops. Desirable skills would include: having some experience of training yoga teachers, experience of marking written work, and of giving feedback for teaching practicums.
- Assume, in conjunction with Yogacampus overall responsibility for the quality of teaching on the course, liaison with other course teachers and oversight of student progress. Assessment of student progress will occur formally at set intervals however student concerns can be flagged via the office or via Contact Teachers (CTs).
- Working with fellow Board Members to reach consensus on issues related to the quality of the course and student welfare.
- Attend meetings of the board, either in person or online, no less frequently than every two months to discuss the progress of the course and students on the course and any other relevant matters arising. Yogacampus to collate the agenda and raise any issues that the board need to discuss.
- Review all applications from prospective students for places on the course and conduct interviews for those selected.
- Assist with and potentially take part in any Grievance Procedure relating to the course.
- Participate and actively engage in the marketing of the course. This includes engaging in Taster Events for prospective students.
- Acquire detailed knowledge of the course structure within our online learning system (Canvas) and regularly check course feedback and student progress on the platform.
- Engage in a training period of "shadowing" current Board Members to develop an understanding of the role.
- Teaching a share of the sessions of the training at a rate of £400 per day.
- The marking of mid-course class plans and final teaching assessment class plans are split between board members. Other course marking may be assigned to board members due to course development. Marking fee paid per class plan.
- Conduct and/or oversee the students final assessments, and promptly to report on your recommendations with respect to each student!s graduation (or otherwise) from the course (time spent in final assessments paid as teaching time).
- Course CTs will be assigned to a Board Member as their point of contact for any course or student queries that the CT feels unable to manage. Formally check-in with assigned CTs once every 6 months.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for the role of Board Member, please apply with a covering letter and CV, emailed to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 27 September 2021, Shortlisting completed: 1 October 2021
Invites for interview sent: 4 October 2021. Interview date: 11, 12, or 13 October 2021 (via Zoom)
Role location: the face-to-face modules of the course take place at The Life Centre Manchester, which is in Manchester city centre.
Payment: £125/month fee for Board duties, £400/day for teaching, marking fee paid per class plan.
Job Brief: The Life Centre & Yogacampus Marketing Consultant
We are looking for a creative and driven Marketing Consultant to join our innovative team following the merger with Evolve Wellness Ltd and Way of Nature UK.
The Consultant will have up-to-date knowledge of digital, social media, marketing and communication trends and the ability to interpret our various companies needs and implement solutions with high impact and engagement. The Consultant will be relationship focused and goal oriented who will cultivate exceptional client relationships to maximize client retention and drive lifetime client value.
The Consultant will work on a variety of projects across multiple platforms supporting the overall strategy and execution for the umbrella group of The Life Centre/Evolve Wellness Ltd, Yogacampus and Way of Nature Ltd.
- Influence strategy and contribute to the tactical execution of campaigns
- Build relationships between clients and the various offerings across 4 companies
- Increase lifetime client value and retention
- Proactively seek out new ways to exceed client expectations and achieve goals at a faster pace
- Support client acquisition
- Ability to generate ideas for the team to implement re: custom content for social media and digital platforms based on strategy
- Maintain up to date knowledge of marketing, social media, public relations, digital and industry trends and innovations; recommend and implement changes as needed
- Provide timely and informative measurement and analysis of all efforts and make insightful recommendations to team based on findings
- Assist in other assignments, projects and tasks as needed to support our companies' and client growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree; marketing, communications, journalism, or related field preferred
- Prior agency or client-focused experience preferred min. 10+ years
- Up to date knowledge and familiarity of all major social media platforms
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Prior experience with social media management and content management platforms preferred
- Strong sense of professionalism; customer service experience preferred
- Proven ability to support multiple brands
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact and present ideas
- Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
Experience with the following is preferred but not essential:
- Google Analytics tracking and analysis
- Email marketing including sending mailshots and conversion analysis
- Google Ads creation and conversion tracking
- Facebook / Instagram ads creation and conversion tracking
- SEO including knowledge of the latest algorithm updates
- SMS marketing campaigns
- Blog writing on related topics
- Content creation via video for Youtube, Instagram and Facebook
- Podcasting - both interviewing and editing
- Community building via events
- Prior experience with Hootsuite, HubSpot and/or Word Press preferred
- Public relations experience a plus
The candidate would have knowledge and ideally personal experience within the yoga and wellbeing industry and be passionate about the wellness sector.
Remuneration dependent upon experience. The candidate would be working 2 days a week as a freelance consultant.
Please email your covering letter and CV by Friday 3rd September to: firstname.lastname@example.org
First-round phone interviews will begin from Monday 6th September.