What this policy is about
How do we collect information about you?
Information you give us
You may give us information about you:
- when you create an account with us
- when you book or apply to be accepted onto any course or event with us (or purchase any other service from us) or ask to be added to a waiting list for a service
- when you participate in one of our courses or events, whether in person or online
- when you engage with us on social media
- when you contact us by any means, including telephone or e-mail
- when you choose to complete any feedback requests or surveys we send you
- when you attend any of our events or courses in a venue which has CCTV or security cameras installed, which may record your image during your visit
- when you participate in any of our events or courses (whether in person or online) which are recorded or photographed, in which case your image may be recorded or photographed and/or your voice recorded.
For certain of our courses and events, our Learning Management System (LMS) also records your name, your e-mail address, any other personal information which you have chosen to input to it, and a record of your attendance and participation in the relevant course or event, including details of course assignments submitted by you and feedback on them.
Information we collect automatically
On any visit to our website or to the LMS, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you have given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you. We may also receive information about you if you use any other website which we operate or any other services we provide. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What information do we collect?
The information which we may collect about you may include:
- your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and/or telephone number
- your emergency contact details
- details of any credit or debit cards or bank accounts used to pay for courses or events
- records of your participation in Yogacampus courses and events
- details of your visits to our website and/or LMS
- your correspondence with us (including notes of telephone or face to face conversations)
- information which you provide to enable you to log in to your Yogacampus account and/or the LMS
- information which you supply as part of the application process for any course or event
- information which you supply as part of your participation in any course or event
- a photograph of you or other record of your image and/or voice.
How do we use your information?
We are allowed to collect and use your personal information only where we have a proper reason to do so. We must have one or more of these reasons:
- Contract – in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement, e.g. when you book a place on a course or event.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way, e.g. storing your payment card details.
- Legitimate interests – where we have a legitimate interest to do so to manage our business. We have a legitimate interest in processing certain of your personal information for both marketing and analytical purposes, so that we can better customise our offerings to you.
- Legal obligation – where there is a legal requirement to share the information, e.g. for law enforcement purposes.
We use information which you provide to us:
- to acknowledge, confirm and send you details of the course or event you have booked or applied for
- to manage any application process to one of our courses or events
- to monitor and assist your participation and progress in courses and events
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make
- to contact you in connection with surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response
- if you work with Yogacampus in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer
- to notify you about any changes to what we offer
- to ensure that content from our website and the LMS is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We use information which we collect about you:
- to administer our website and LMS and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, including the LMS
- as part of our efforts to keep our website and the LMS secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing which we send to you and others, and to deliver relevant marketing to you
- to assess and process your application for any Yogacampus course or event or for any employment, paid or voluntary, with Yogacampus
- to administer any competitions run by Yogacampus.
We use information which we receive about you from third parties for the purposes set out above, either on its own, or in combination with information which you have provided to us or which we have collected about you.
We store any e-mail contact you have had with us, as well as notes of telephone or face to face conversations, in order to ensure that we have carried out your instructions and for internal staff training purposes.
We may also store any information which you have provided to us about any medical condition or other circumstance you consider relevant to your participation in any of our courses or events, in order to ensure that those courses and events are delivered taking account of your particular requirements.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your personal information:
- with course teachers and other faculty members and (with your explicit consent) with other course participants
- with banks or card processing agencies to verify your personal details for authorisation, in order to process payments and credit or debit card transactions
- where applicable, with the suppliers of the LMS
- with other business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- with any relevant regulatory and/or accrediting body
- with any third party used to deliver marketing
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- with any prospective buyer of any of our business or assets
- for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yogacampus, our customers, or others
- in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to detect or report a crime.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We only keep identifiable records for as long as we have a legal or business purpose for doing so.
As we may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims, or for tax or auditing purposes, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed above, unless:
- the law or a regulator requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or to delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible.
If you have opted to receive our newsletter, you consent to receive marketing communications from us about news, upcoming events and special offers, and your information is added to our e-mail marketing software, which is provided by a third party, holds your name and e-mail address, and keeps track of which e-mails you have opened and the links that you have clicked. Each e-mail has a link at the bottom to manage your preferences and unsubscribe, so you can unsubscribe from these e-mails at any time by clicking the link. You may also unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com.
Third parties and use of the internet
Our website and/or LMS may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to any third party website.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to our website or the LMS; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is your responsibility to keep any passwords or other log-in information secure.
- which are required for the operation of our website and/or LMS, for example, to enable you to log into secure areas of our website or our LMS, book onto courses and/or events, or make payments
- which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it, in order to help us to improve the way our website works
- which recognise you when you return to our website and/or LMS, enabling us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
- which record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, in order to make our website more relevant to your interests.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website and/or of the LMS.
Where we store your personal information
Under the GDPR, you have additional rights over your personal information (your ‘data’).
These rights are:
- to be informed about how your data is being used;
- to access the data held about you;
- to have your data rectified if there are errors;
- to know about how automated decisions are made in relation to you;
- to object to how your data is being used;
- to the deletion of all data an organisation holds on file about you (unless required to be kept, for example to comply with a legal obligation);
- to restrict processing, so that your data may not be used;
- to transfer your data from one organisation to another.
You can request a copy of all data that we hold about you. We are legally obliged to provide that to you in electronic format within one month of your request, free of charge. We will need to confirm your identity before we do so. You may then request any corrections, or object to the processing of your data, or request that the information is erased. We are also legally obliged to transfer all of your records to another provider within one month, free of charge, if you ask us to do so.
There may be conditions to, or limitations on, your rights imposed by other legislation, for example relevant tax laws.
To request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, or if you are concerned about the way that we have processed your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on +44 20 7042 9900, or by post addressed to Yogacampus at 16a Crane Grove, London N7 8LE, United Kingdom. We will acknowledge your request within 24 hours and will respond within 30 days.
Concerns and complaints
If you are unhappy with how we are processing your personal information, you may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please visit the ICO website for their latest contact information: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.