Work For Us
Business Operations and Relationship Manager (4 days a week)
To apply for this position please email a CV and covering letter (as one Word or PDF attachment) explaining why you believe you are suitable for this position to email@example.com no later than 29th January 2020. First interviews 3 and 4 February.
Business Operations and Relationship Manager
Reporting to the CEO, you will be leading a team to run all operations and services, whilst promoting the continual enhancement of the student and teacher experience. This role will also have primary responsibility for the day to day relationships with our significant “non Diploma” teaching faculty as well as playing a role in promoting our educational agenda nationally and assisting with product development.
You are an exceptional all-rounder with relevant operational, customer service and human resource and line management experience. You have leadership and business development skills with the aptitude to motivate a team, to get things done and implement a strategy with enthusiasm and determination. You will also have excellent communication skills, with the ability to build long-lasting relationships with all our stakeholders and are able to give and receive feedback clearly and effectively.
This role will require you to have an in-depth knowledge of the breadth of the yoga tradition and also the current UK and international yoga market and its trends. Ideally you will have some personal experience of adult education and possibly a yoga teacher training qualification.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the high quality delivery of the Yogacampus product range and premium customer service. This will also include covering some operational roles during holiday / sickness absence.
- Oversee management of our training venues and maintain control of costs within budgets.
- Manage and grow the relationships with our teaching faculty; scheduling events and trainings, understanding their own business strategy and how Yogacampus can support this, ensuring their experience with Yogacampus is of the highest quality.
- Oversee human resource management of the team and line manage the Senior Diploma’s Manager and Events and Customer Services Manager.
- Creating and managing the event related collateral, ensuring it is correctly represented on the website, booking systems and on line channels.
- Drive retention of clients and graduates and work with the Marketing team on implementation of the marketing strategy.
- Work with the CEO to recruit new teachers, create new products, strengthen and drive growth and build strategic co-operation with our sister organisation The Life Centre.
- Communicate and maintain brand values at all levels of the operation.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies
- Prior relevant commercial and line management (and human resources) experience
- Excellent communicator, able to focus on outcomes with diverse stakeholders and to build lasting relationships
- Target-oriented with a track record of improving performance.
- Excited about growth, energetic and proactive; loves getting things done. Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks, with strong time management skills
- Strong knowledge of IT and an ability to quickly develop a working knowledge of booking, CMS and website systems.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience within adult education desirable although not mandatory. Wide depth of knowledge of the yoga tradition is required.
Terms of employment
We are ideally seeking someone to work 4 days a week although, for the right candidate, we would consider full time. The role is primarily located at our office in Highbury and Islington although travel to other training venues will be required on occasions. You will be required to occasionally work at the weekend (with prior notice and time off in lieu). There will also be peak periods where you will be required to be on-call at the weekends (shared with the team). The starting salary for this role is £31,000 p.a (full time equivalent £38.750) plus a discretionary bonus. The role has the benefit of free classes at The Life Centre, as well as 25% discount on workshops and events organised by The Life Centre and Yogacampus.