This online course uniquely combines Singing Bowl and Vocal Toning trainings giving you the ability to help your students de-stress, feel calm and more alive with the sound of Singling Bowls and your voice.
The course introduces you to Singing Bowls, vocal toning, chants and mantra singing, space clearing with sound, and care of voice encompassing vocal techniques. All of which will give you the tools to facilitate a Sound Bath and to incorporate sacred sound and powerful vocal techniques into classes and personal practice.
In the online Singing Bowl and Vocal Toning course, Anne offers an invitation to explore, expand, and develop your natural healing qualities and creativity through sacred sound, singing, chanting and voice training and care. It explores the essence of sound, experiencing the ease of playing the Singing Bowl, singing and chanting from the heart. It will help you understand how vibration affects the body and it will help refine hearing and listening skills. The main instrument Anne will use is the Himalayan Singing bowl (Goddess Bowl), in conjunction with vocal toning, (used as a sonic diagnostic tool by sonically scanning the body) and Mantra and Chant. Anne will show you how to create a Sound Bath, how to use Sound as part of your Yoga Class, as well as introduce you to the hugely self-empowering techniques to share and care for your voice, how to pace your spoken word, chants and songs in a relaxed, loving and safe way.
You will learn how to play and place the singing bowl directly on the body’s chakras, how to tone (or tune) the body, how to pace your spoken word, chants and songs in a relaxed, loving and safe way. You will explore the ancient pathways within the heartbeat of these instruments as we organically and lovingly weave these skills into a healing shavasana Sound Bath. The magic of vocal toning, chanting and mantra will also be discovered, as we connect and evolve within an ongoing sacred sound community.
No previous experience is necessary and the course is open to students hard of hearing.
You will receive a Sound Healing manual prior to your first session. You will also have the opportunity for a personal 1 to 1 session with Anne during the course.
Watch Ann's Intro to the Magical Oasis of Sound:
The course is structured around live online weekly demonstrations and group learning. Each week you will receive a brief outline of the online session; after each session you will receive a video, clearly demonstrating all techniques covered in our session. At the end of the course there is an optional final assignment to design a class, based on what you have learned which will be marked with teacher feedback.
- A brief outline of our Course Content followed by a live experience of Anne’s Sound Bath.
- Introduction to singing bowls (how they are made and history of the bowls)
- How to play a singing bowl
- Group demonstration and explanation of techniques (mallet hold and placement, playing/singing technique)
- Placement of bowls directly on body and science behind vibrational contact and effect on molecular make up of body
- Group demonstration and explanation of techniques (how to stabilise bowl on body, techniques for singing the bowl on body)
- Vocal toning
- Techniques of vocal toning followed by one to one practice and live sharing
- How to tonically scan the body using vocal toning, followed by practice and live sharing
- How to use Sound as part of your Yoga Class
- Introduction to hugely self-empowering techniques on how to share and care for your voice,
- How to pace your spoken word, chants and songs in a relaxed, loving and safe way.
- Introduction to guided meditation for Sound Bath
- Devise guided meditation based on personal experience
- Space clearing with sound
- Setting intention and holding space for Sound Bath
- Sound Bath choreography and facilitation
- The course will culminate in the virtual sharing of individual Sound Baths, choreographed and facilitated using newly learned skills.
- Outline and discussion of final course assignment.
What Will I Learn?
You will learn how to play and place the singing bowl on the body, how to tone (or tune) the body. You will explore vocal toning, chanting and mantra, learning how to use your voice as a diagnostic instrument, to pace your spoken word, to vary tone to engage and enliven your words, Mantras, Chants and songs and how to weave these skills into a healing shavasana Sound Bath and your Yoga Class.
Who is this Course for?
The course is ideal for yoga teachers and holistic practitioners interested in an introduction to combining sound healing, mantra and song within their yoga/holistic practice and/or class; for musicians who wish to add a healing dimension to their compositions; for anyone wanting to learn how to use singing bowls and voice, and those wishing to enhance their quality of life through the use of sound therapy. All levels welcome; no experience necessary and the course to open to students hard of hearing.
This course will be not be recorded and participation in all live sessions is essential for certification.
Meet the Teacher
As a musician and a student of yoga, Anne Malone has a deep understanding of how music and movement flow and unfold with ease and grace, creating a wonderful world of sacred sound. Anne is an internationally recognised singer/songwriter, with a variety of CDs, one of which “Tender Lullaby” was nominated for the NME Awards in 2009 and entered the iTunes top 10 charts. Her passion for music has taken her on a journey of sound from the vibrant music of Dublin in Ireland to the exotic rhythms of Latin America, the eclectic sounds of USA, and the rich folk traditions of Europe. Anne’s love of yoga and meditation has added depth of devotion and physical awareness throughout her journey, and by combining her training in Sacred Sound (Chris James), The Journey (Brandon Bays), Flow Yoga (Shiva Rea) and Shamanic Ceremony (Hart Lodge), she is offering a unique yogic musical exploration.
To listen to music for Sound Bath from Anne Malone: www.oasisofsound.com
You are required to have a singing bowl (minimum 9 inch diameter) with a low/deep note, together with at least one other instrument (like a drum, rain stick, sansula, koshi bell, Chinese wind gong).
If you need to buy a singing bowl, Anne has sourced some bowls suitable for sound healing and body placement therapy from Nepal (these bowls are called Goddess Bowls). Please e-mail her to view what she has available.
Where to find other Instruments
All the following can supply Chinese wind gongs, sansula, drums and rainsticks:
- Knock on Wood offers a discount for Art of Sacred Sound students (sansula, rainstick (150 cm), Chinese wind gongs (18 inch diameter))
- Hobgoblin in London (drums 18 inch diameter)
- Enlightenment in Glastonbury (all instruments!)
To listen to music for Sound Bath: www.oasisofsound.com
If you choose to do the optional final assignment you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Have you ever asked yourself why that song or piece of music moves you so much … or why you happily spend hundreds of pounds...
Specialist Course and Event Teachers