This 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) training course is a Level 2 QCF Award and makes anyone who completes it a formally qualified emergency first aider. You will obtain a nationally recognised certificate which is valid for 3 years. Hannah will specifically address the types of emergencies a yoga teacher is more likely to come across in a class settings.
Qualsafe, the training body, is now allowing face to face First Aid training, subject to additional safety measures. These include all students being given their own mannequin face skin and PPE value mask when practicing mouth to mouth with the dummie (which will give the same level of protection as students having their own mannequin).
Our emergency first aid course covers the following topics:
- Aims and principles of first aid and the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- What to do in an emergency Prioritising injuries and action in an emergency
- How to provide immediate medical care in an emergency
- How to assess if someone is unconscious, whether or not they are breathing and how and when to put them into the recovery position or start CPR
- We will cover common accidents and injuries and empower you with the skills and confidence to provide an immediate and appropriate first aid response
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Importance of a defibrillator and how to use an AED
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Assessment and treatment of miscellaneous medical conditions
- Record keeping and accident forms
This is a highly practical hands-on training day.
What Will I Learn?
On successful completion of the multiple-choice question paper and practical exercises, you will receive an HSE approved and nationally recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Who is the Course for?
The course is open to anyone wishing to take an Emergency First Aid at Work course, but is specifically designed for yoga teachers and trainee teachers.
Meet the Teacher
Hannah has over 10 years’ experience working as an Emergency Nurse in various settings including The NHS, Refugee camps and as an Expedition medic. As a yoga student and teacher, Hannah also has an awareness of the studio settings and therefore offers a bespoke approach to Emergency First Aid at Work.
Following successful completion of the multiple-choice question paper and practical exercises, each learner will receive an HSE approved and nationally recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.