Self-Care: Deep Work with Advanced Total Yoga Nidra
An antidote to burnout: An exploration of ways of using Total Yoga Nidra for oneself, primarily for self-care and development. Before we can help others, we must be able to help ourselves. PHOTO CREDIT: Leticia Valverdes
The Yoga Nidra practices that you do on this day will be both profound and personal, and will enable you to make wise choices about which life paths to take, including the path of transformation. This day teaches you how to begin move from shallow living into deep living.
What you will learn
- An introduction to self-hypnosis
- How to do yoga nidra for yourself – the introductory techniques of ‘auto-nidra’ – learning the basics of how to administer yoga nidra to oneself. For example how to do your own settling, your own rotation of consciousness, and the first steps of how to give yourself full yoga nidra
What benefits does the day offer?
- You will get the first glimpses of a clearer understanding of the direction in which your life can move
- You will gain clarity and compassion that comes from being able to investigate yourself deeply
- You will learn to understand all aspects of yourself with deeper compassion and wisdom and to work on yourself with truly effective techniques for change and transformation
This one day workshop is an introduction Self-Care: Deep Work with Advanced Total Yoga Nidra, which may well be one of the most profound experiential methods, not just of looking after oneself but of also of being able to thrive, to find ones’ direction and purpose in life and to have the necessary focus, deep thinking and the essential quiet internal energy in order to be able to do this. It’s a profound and potentially life changing practice. This day is a chance for people to experience of the power of what is possible for themselves.
There will be much in the way of experience of Total Yoga Nidra as the primary vehicle of facilitating this happening. The day is primarily driven by the engine of hands on experiential practice of yoga nidra. Practice, practice, practice in the form of nidra, nidra, nidra!
There will be, in short, a lot of yoga nidra, very intensively as well as the opportunity to ask questions. Deep relaxation, deep thinking and re-setting of oneself are the aims of the day. Nirlipta also runs a Self-Care: Deep Work with Advanced Total Yoga Nidra six-day course, which gives one the opportunity to deepen into the practices learnt on this day, should you choose to go on to it.
Who is it for?
- No experience necessary
- Everybody is welcome
- The day is an introduction to anyone who wants to focus on themselves deeply and to makes space for change for themselves
- It’s about self-transformation
- It’s useful for people who cannot sleep, because it teachers the basic techniques of settling and welcoming sleep
What our students say
I enjoyed the relaxed approach to discovering and learning more about yoga nidra - knowing that this course is just the beginning and not the end. A Yogacampus student on Learn to Teach Yoga Nidra, November 2014