Body Positivity, Diversity, & Inclusion
Are you inspired to learn more about creating a supportive experience for your students?
Ready to gain some ideas and understand principles that will help you to confidently create more accessible and inclusive offerings?
The intention of the workshop is expand your knowledge and experience in a supportive environment, to engage in discussions about current topics related to diversity and inclusion. Donna will share information about the history of body positivity within the yoga world and how yoga can be used as a force for change to create greater diversity.
The workshop will also address ways in which yoga postures may be adapted to accommodate everyBODY.
As a practitioner, you will also learn how to adapt the postures to accommodate your unique body and needs.
This is in interactive workshop including lecture, practice and discussion.
What Will We Learn?
- Strategies to cultivate greater inclusion within your community
- How to facilitate a yoga or movement practice in a supportive and safe environment.
- Discover how social justice is very much part of yoga.
- How to adapt poses for diverse bodies, regardless of age, size, gender, ethnicity or ability.
- Making challenging asanas and transitions more accessible.
- Participate in powerful group discussions and share your experiences.
- Learn tools to better support and serve your community.
- Learn ways to genuinely support and cultivate diversity.
- How to feel confident in holding space for uncomfortable or challenging but important conversations, both on and off the mat.
- Learn about the importance of language and communication.
- Investigate unconscious bias and discuss how it shows up in yoga and well-being spaces.
- Cultivating allyship.
Recommended Reading: Teaching Body Positive Yoga by Donna Noble
Purchase via Singing Dragon UK Publishers at 15% off with this code DNYC2315
Drawing on the philosophy and history of the body positivity movement, Donna Noble presents a radical re-examination of teaching inclusive yoga classes by breaking down stereotypes and demystifying yoga.
By sharing accessible tools for everything from marketing a body-positive class to setting the scene in the space, using appropriate language and considering consent and touch, Noble demonstrates why every body is a yoga body - no matter what shape or size. With guidance on modifying poses for larger bodies, as well as chair-based sequences, this resource helps yoga teachers to ensure that the benefits of yoga are available to everyone.
With practical tips, as well as information on social justice and body-positive yoga off the mat, Teaching Body Positive Yoga is a well-rounded resource that gives yoga teachers the confidence to host inclusive and welcoming classes for all.
Who is this for?This workshop is open to all yoga and movement bodywork teachers - anyone who wishes to make their offering more accessible and inclusive.
On completion of this workshop you will receive a Yogacampus certificate of attendance as evidence of CPD hours.
Meet the Teacher
Donna Noble is the founder of Curvesomeyoga, which is dedicated to making yoga and wellbeing more diverse and inclusive. She’s the author of the book, 'Teaching Body Positive Yoga' (Singing Dragon, 2022). Donna has been practising and studying yoga since the late 1990s. She is passionate about showing that yoga is for everyBODY.
Over the years she has taught at conferences, gyms, studios, corporate events, community centres and festivals. Based in London, Donna teaches internationally, sharing her knowledge and expertise on Body Positive Yoga, Diversity and Inclusion and disrupting the wellbeing and yoga space. She is also a speaker and writer, and her work and articles have been featured in numerous print and digital media: OM Yoga & Lifestyle Magazine, Yoga Journal, HuffPost, Stylist Magazine, Elephant Journal and Metro Online. Channel 4 and BBC Radio London.
Her mission is to help make the yoga and well-being space more accessible, inclusive and diverse so that everyone can have access to yoga.