The Prana Vinyasa Namaskar-Sequence Mandala is a unique part of the Pranaflow Yoga Teacher Training which offers 5 Namaskars (one per element) and 10 Sequences (one solar and one lunar per each element).
You will learn to embody and practice teaching Five Elemental Prana Vinyasa Namaskars.
- Bhumi (Earth) Namaskar
- Jala (Water ) Namaskar
- Agni (Fire ) Namaskar
- Hrydaya (Air) Namaskar
- Akash (Space) Namaskar
This Elemental Vinyasa Training (10 days) is split into two intensive modules of five days each. You can enrol for one or both modules, or any individual day(s) of each module. If you choose to attend both immersions at the full ten days, you will learn ten Solar and Lunar sequences in total.
+ Each day will begin with setting the theme and bhav (feeling state) for the day's element, Meditation, Reflection, Journalling. Followed by long Sadhana.
+ You will be introduced to the each Element from a yogic and Ayurvedic perspective.
+ You will study the peak asanas for the solar or lunar quality of each element.
+ Each day will include a practice and teaching technical technical lab: participants learn how to expand their elemental teaching vocabulary, teach each other in small groups and learn intelligent sequencing and the art of hands-on adjustments within the context of the PranaFllow Three part Vinyasa method.
+There will be time each day for a session of Mantra Japa and longer Elemental Meditation in circle
Solar Immersion: Wednesday 26 to Sunday 30 January 2022
In the Solar immersion, you will learn to embody and practice teaching Five Elemental Prana Vinyasa Namaskars (one day per Element, in their Solar, activating aspect) and the respective Sequence. Explore and learn how to teach:
- Solar Earth Namaskar and Earth Sequence. Solar Earth Peak Asanas: Astavakrasana and Visvamitrasana.
- Solar Water Namaskar and Water Sequence.
Solar Water Peak Asanas: Mandala Urdhva Dhanurasana. Solar Fire and Fire Sequence
- Solar Fire Namaskar and Fire Sequence. Solar Fire Peak Asanas: Adho Mukha Vrksasana.
- Solar Air and Air Sequence .
Solar Air Peak Asana: Dropback to Urdhva Dhanurasana.
- Solar Space Namaskar and Space Sequence. Solar Space Peak Asanas: Utthitha Hasta Padangusthasana, Vashistasana.
All of the above is part of Elemental Prana Vinyasa Mandala. Variations and modifications will be offered to suit all levels.
Lunar Immersion: Wednesday 23 to 27 February 2022
In the Lunar immersion, you will learn to embody and practice teaching Five Elemental Prana Vinyasa Namaskars (one day per Element, in their Lunar, calming aspect) and a Lunar Sequence per Element.Each day your will practice and learn how to teach:
- Lunar Earth Namaskar and Earth Sequence. Lunar Earth Peak Asana : Supta Eka pada Sirsasana.
- Lunar Water Namaskar and Water Sequence. Lunar Water Peak Asana : Mandala Ustrasana - fluid backbends.
- Lunar Fire Namaskar and Fire Sequence. Lunar Fire Peak Asana : Galavasana as hip opener, seated twist.
- Lunar Air Namaskar and Air Sequence.
Lunar Air Peak Asana: Ustrasana Lunar Dropbacks, Laghu Vajrasana.
- Lunar Space Namaskar and Space Sequence
Lunar Space Peak Asana: Vashistasana.
All is part of Elemental Prana Vinyasa Mandala. Variations and modifications will be offered to suit all levels.
Prhtvi (Earth) 🌍
Earth represents the ground beneath us, food and our physical body. Earth element is everything in nature that is solid
In the Elemental Earth Pathway of Prana Vinyasa you will learn to embody grounded, relaxed presence expressed in the movement pattern of the great hip opening Mudras Bujapidasana and Visvamitrasana. Healing our connection to the Earth os part of retrieving our ancestral connection to the land, our bones, gravity and presence of being. Open hips, open awareness.
Jala (Water) 💧
Water represents our fluid body. Water Element is everything in nature that is liquid.
In the Elemental Water Pathway of Prana Vinyasa you will learn to embody the fluid connectivity expressed in teh movement patterns of Eka Pada Raja kapotasana. Embodying Water is to cultivate a fluid, creative, connected , smooth flow to support the flowering of swadhisthana chakra within one’s body and life.
Agni (Fire) 🔥
Fire Element is the transformative force of all the metabolic processes and chemical reactions in our body. It i the Element that bridges the solid ( Earth and Water ) to the subtle ( Air and Space ) Elements and therefore it represents Spirit.
In the Elemental Fire Pathway of Prana Vinyasa you will learn to embody the inner fire of your core with the fluid connectivity expressed in the movement patterns of Bakasana, handstand. Embodying the fire is to cultivate awakened, activated energy to support the manifestation of the inner fire within one’s body and life.
Vayu (Air) 💨
The air aspects exists within all movements, from our Breath to circulation, and it's the gaseous aspect of matter. In the air pathway you will learn to embody the life giving flow of Prana, the sacred wind expressed in movement pattern of the Dhanurasana and Natarajasana family of asanas.
Akash (Space) 🌌
Space is considered to be the primary manifestation of pure Consciousness. Space is considered to be the origins of all of the other Elements. Space is necessary for Life.In the Elemental Space Pathway of Prana Vinyasa you will learn to embody dancing Emptiness. We will explore the expansiveness of space in the movement patterns of standing balance mudra Vashistasana.
What Will I Learn?
- You will practice and learn the “Family recipes” with the underlying sequencing principles for the key Solar-Lunar Elemental Prana Vinyasa Sequences to continue to embody within home practice to integrate before teaching.
- We will explore how to bring your personal connection to the elements in nature along with roots teachings of Yoga and Ayurveda on the five maha bhutas or Elements.
- We will observe, as well as heal, elemental imbalances with prana vinyasa and yoga practices. An important part of Elemental Vinyasa is to begin to apply “ Yoga alchemy - Movement alchemy “ for your own self-cultivation. This includes ( when taught with the Ayurveda model ) integrating the" teacher self-care”, which includes restoring the elemental body through ayurvedic dinacharya - the daily and seasonal lifestyle practices for living flow.
- We will learn that Yoga is one of the most powerful ways to restore our vitality because it gives us the map form which to tend our inner fire as the alchemy of being, to attend to any disturbances in the balance of the body’s elements.
There is detailed manual with all the sequences and theory of the Elements included.
This Module has online practice support (required for Certification with Samudra, Shiva Rea’s school , at extra cost not included in the price ) found on www.yogaalchemy.com
Who is this for?
This immersion is aimed at aspiring trainees and seasoned teachers alike. Join Alessandra on a holistic and authentic journey to teaching vinyasa yoga.
1 day of the immersion is 8 hours, 5 days equal to 40 hrs, and both the Solar and Lunar immersions together is 80 hours CPD.
On completion of this course you will receive a Yogacampus certificate of attendance as evidence of CPD hours.
Meet the Teacher
Alessandra is a direct student of Swami Kriyananda (Kriya Yoga disciple of Paramahansa Yogananda) from the early nineties, Patthabi Jois (the founder of Astanga Yoga) and a very dedicated student of Shiva Rea (Prana Flow Yoga) who she has assisted globally from 2009. Alessandra is currently the first Affiliate PranaFlow Trainer in the UK authorised to teach Shiva’s Teacher Training Modules.
Alessandra is a Senior Yoga Teacher SYT and founder of Aditya Yoga School that offers Vinyasa Flow Foundation 200 hrs and Advanced 300hrs Teacher Training Programmes accredited and Registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals (former Yoga Alliance UK). Alessandra has been teaching Yoga for the past 15 years in London and internationally. She runs public classes in the main London Yoga Studios, offers two teachers Training courses a year (Foundation and Advanced Vinyasa Flow), workshops, CPDs, participates at Festivals and events and contributes to some of the most prestigious Yoga Magazines. She has written for Spectrum (BWY Magazine), Amrita (Yoga Alliance Professional magazine for Teachers) and Om Yoga and Lifestyle Magazine.
Her intention is to make the techniques of both Traditional and Modern Yoga available to all by integrating them into our daily living. This is reflected in her style: Alessandra is known for her capability to seamlessly weave Vinyasa sequences that incorporate sankalpa/intention, pranayama/breathing techniques, asana/postures, mudra/gestures, bhandas, kriyas, mantras, philosophy and history to create the rich tapestry of the class. Students are taken on a 360 degree Yoga journey where they can engage with the various aspects of this ancient discipline.