**This taster is highly interactive so we won’t be recording large parts of it - to preserve the privacy and interaction of the group.**
This taster event is open to all those interested in participating in the upcoming Sleep Recovery™ Teacher Training: Teach Group Classes and Courses with Lisa Sanfilippo. Click here to see full details of the training.
The intention of the event is to give you an idea of what to expect on the training:
- What is the multi-week Sleep Recovery Course?
- What will I learn on the Sleep Recovery Group Course TT?
- You will also have an experience of one of the Sleep Recovery practices plus a Q&A session with Lisa Sanfilippo.
Dates of the training
All Saturdays: November 6, 13 and 27, December 11, January 15, March 5
Each module has an online Webinar and Practical Session and runs 13:00 to 15:00 and 16:00 to 18:30 UK time.
Prerequisites for the training
In order to participate in the training, you are required to have an appropriate qualification and scope of practice.
- A: Qualified yoga teacher or yoga therapist min 200 hours - or for newly qualifying, you must have your qualification by the end of module 3 (Jan 2021).
- B: Insured and professionally registered allied health professional- GP, psychotherapist, occupational therapist, osteopath etc. and can provide proof of qualification and insurance - and are within your professional scope to provide group courses.
Meet the Teacher
Lisa Sanfilippo has taught yoga since 2002 and maintained a private yoga therapy practice for nearly a decade. Lisa’s private practice integrates both worlds- yoga and psychotherapy, including her work on Sleep Recovery.
She learnt therapeutics in the Anusara yoga style and in training and assisting Anodea Judith, PhD (world-renowned expert on the chakras and east-west psychology- and a long term practicing psychotherapist). She is fully qualified, with an MA focused on yoga and spiritually-centred psychotherapy through CCPE/ Northampton University.
Lisa has offered training to professionals including Yoga Therapy for Insomnia and Better Sleep- initially through the Minded Institute and now via Yogacampus , where she is on the faculty of the Yoga Therapy diploma. Lisa offers both teacher training and professional development at Triyoga, and mentors /supervises yoga teachers and yoga therapists by request.
Her publications include Yoga Therapy for Insomnia and Sleep Recovery (Singing Dragon, 2019), co-authored a scholarly chapter in Yoga for Mental Health (Birch and Mason, 2018) and the forthcoming Sleep Recovery (Bloomsbury, 2020). She both writes for and is often featured in health and wellbeing publications (including Balance Magazine, Marie Claire online and Evening Standard Magazine).
Lisa is assisted by Sleep Recovery Alumnus Andrea St. Clair, and other Sleep Recovery graduates.