Applying Doshic Anatomy to Yoga Practices
This 5-day Ayurvedic Yoga immersion will evolve your understanding of how each dosha and sub-dosha can inform sequencing, class design and self-healing. Throughout this immersion we will weave the western, physical view of the body alongside yoga and Ayurveda’s energetic and elemental view.
Transform the way you understand Ayuveda’s doshic wisdom to go deeper and broaden your understanding of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Embody the academic understanding of the doshas through their sub-types.
Objectives of the training:
• Integrate Ayurvedic principles to the practice of Yoga
• Learn and teach doshic Namaskar practices to enliven cueing, hands-on, rhythm and focus
• Understand the power of organizing a group or private session based upon doshic principles that explore basic anatomy of each dosha
• Locate, apply, and integrate how sub-doshas and their anatomical counterparts influence yoga sequencing and teaching
• Daily morning practices to understand how pranayama and namaskar, asana techniques target sub-dosha of Vata, Pitta, Kapha
• Learn and practice mudra meditations to harmonize the inner and outer self
• Leave with an integrated view of how doshic anatomy and yogic practices come together for balanced living
• 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Course or active Yoga practitioner of 2+ years
• Experience teaching Yoga or other modalities preferred
• Basic Ayurvedic foundational knowledge.
Pre-reading required. Textbook of Ayurveda by Vasant Lad Chapters 1,2 and 3 – Available on Amazon here.
AYURYOGA MASTER CLASSES
Experience the magic of integrating Yoga and Ayurveda into a complete, focused practiced designed to bring balance to the mind, body and spirit, during this Ayurvedic intensive with Maria Garre. This is a unique opportunity to evolve the way you practice! Each class will have a specific focus based on the immersion’s topic of the day and will last 2 hours, from 10am to 12pm each day.
Immersion Class Focus Schedule
Saturday 15th September: Pranayama practices based on Dosha, Surya and Chandra Namaskar, Guided Meditation.
Sunday 16th September: Vata (space + air) balancing focus sadhana includes pranayama, asana and meditation.
Monday 17th September: Pitta (fire + water) balancing focus sadhana includes pranayama, asana and meditation.
Tuesday 18th September: Kapha (earth + water) balancing focus sadhana includes pranayama, asana and meditation.
Wednesday 19th September: Autumn Balancing Seasonal sadhana. Dosha and season come together to inform the perfect balancing Autumn class.
(£25 per class – click the ‘Book Now’ to select your session).
Maria has been an educator, author and practitioner in the field of wellness, Yoga and ayurveda for over 20 years. Maria’s main root teachers in Yoga, Therapy and Ayurveda, Janine Galati, Shiva Rea and Vasant Lad, have inspired an integrated, yet authentic approach to uniting the wisdom within the Vedic healing sciences
You will receive a 36 hour CPD eligible Certificate of Attendance following attendance of all hours.
This course counts towards credit hours for Shiva Rea’s Samudra School of Living Yoga Prana Vinyasa Flow Certification program.