Assists in Yoga Asana
On this three-day course we will cover assists for a range of asana including standing, seated, finishing and Yin/restorative.
The emphasis will be on:
- Gaining confidence in touch
- Judging where, when and how strong
- Helping the student find their alignment, their stability and comfort within the pose
- Making each assist right for different body types
- How to assist students with hyper-mobility
- Lots of practice with feedback
- The ethics behind hands on assists
- Learning the skills of sensitive assists that are appropriate to practitioner
There will be plenty of space for questions, requests and practice.
You will receive a video of the assists covered following the training.
Melanie and Norman believe that assists can help students find their safest and most beneficial expression of a pose. Their assists are intelligent, compassionate and informed by over three decades of experience between them.
Melanie started teaching yoga in 1997; Norman has been teaching yoga since 2001. Both have written well-received and popular books – Melanie’s ’Teaching Yoga Adjusting Asana’ (2013) and Norman’s ‘Brightening Our Inner Skies: yin and yoga’ (2016). Both passionately believe in the possibilities of self-transformation that can arise through yoga practise.
You will receive a Yogacampus certificate of attendance and can register your hours with Yoga Alliance ORG (USA).
What our students say
[Norman and Melanie] were very positive, inclusive, good at listening and great scope of knowledge. Amelia C. on Adjusting and Assisting Yoga Asana, September 2018