The Element Air: Backbends
All Namaskars within the Prana Vinyasa methodology follow an elemental template of five namaskars for each element, and each namaskar has a corresponding solar-lunar sequence. Deepen your understanding of the fifth of five life-giving elements with this Air based module, a part of the 90 Hour Prana Vinyasa Mandala of Asanas Teacher Training.
Module Five: Embodying Space of the Heart
As part of the first “pathway” of the all-level Pathways of Prana Vinyasa system, this foundation air-heart prana vinyasa sequence opens and strengthens your inner and outer hips, quadriceps, side-waist, shoulder, balance oriented stabilization skills and heart opening through the positive repetition of this three-wave prana vinyasa sequence. The foundation space-integration prana vinyasa sequence lengthens inner hips, groin, hamstrings, creates space in the spine, promotes shoulder and core stability.
In this module, teachers will deepen their understanding of the Foundation Air Prana Vinyasa sequence, as well as begin the Foundation Space – Integration sequence, connecting the backbending and standing balance families of asanas to the asana families of the previous four modules.
Through the opening movement meditation, classical and dancing warrior namaskars, core cultivation, Prana Vinyasa wave sequence, peak asana, and lunar mudrasanas of the Natarajasana sequence and Integration-Vasisthasana/Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana sequence, we will slowly and effectively embody the flow of prana connected to backbending and standing balance asanas, our relationship to the integrated embodiment of all elements and our instinctual body.
• Learn the solar and lunar Air Foundation sequences for the Natarajasana family of asanas and work with Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa Method and Vinyasa Krama to teach to all levels
• Learn the solar and lunar Space Foundation sequences for the Vasisthasana family of asanas and work with Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa Method and Vinyasa Krama to teach to all levels
• Heart-expanding nature of a backbending practice, and the foundation-integration of the previous sequences
• Continue to develop an understanding of the Three-Part Vinyasa and wave sequencing in the progression through the foundation sequences
• Wave sequencing for Air + Space foundation sequences for backbending and balance and the lunar Air + Space sequence for deep flexibility and regeneration.
• Hands on assists and alignment for the new asanas introduced by the Air + Space Sequences beyond Namaskar
• Learn to edit the first 4 foundation sequences based on your understanding of wave sequencing, kramas, and families of asanas
• Develop Energetic Observation – ability to assess imbalances, blockages and leaks of energy to a person’s body, mind and heartfire.
• Continue to develop skills of basic anatomy to understand the way prana flows in the muscles, bones and fascia for balancing and lengthening qualities of structural embodiment within the asanas
• Special Mandala of Asanas Method – self and partner massage for regeneration and learning muscles, joints, and boney landmarks of the body relevant to practice
The above module is the first in a series of 6 which make up the full 90-hour Prana Flow teacher training designed to deepen your learning of the 5 life-giving Elements: SOLAR/LUNAR NAMASKAR (Module 1) EARTH (Module 2), WATER (Module 3), FIRE (Module 4), AIR (Module 5) and SPACE (Module 6). Find out more about the full Embodying The Flow: Prana Vinyasa Mandala of Asanas Teacher Training 90 Hour training course here.
This is a unique opportunity for vinyasa practitioners, trainees, new teachers and experienced teachers to connect with the source of vinyasa methodology and practice, as originally taught by Shiva Rea herself. Alessandra has been practicing with Shiva for the last 15 years and assisting her for the last five years. She is also the Founder and Principal of Aditya Yoga School for Conscious Living, which is affiliated with Samudra School of Yoga, offering 200/500 hour teaching qualifications.
The Booking Link will take you to the full 90Hour course booking wizard, which will allow you to select one or more modules of your choice – to book only this workshop, please select MODULE 5
What our students say
Alessandra kindly offers the opportunity for yoga teachers to attend the Intensive modules, part of the 300hrs Course @ Aditya Yoga School, in their “stand-alone” capacity, which is how I came to attend the Advanced Chakra module. Alessandra’s creative, fluid approach, yet firmly rooted in the long-held traditions and ancient roots of yogic teaching, was so inspiring I now taken the unexpected yet exciting step to fully enrol on the 500hr TT course! I am thrilled to learn more under the compassionate guidance of Alessandra and would unreservedly recommend this course to anyone wishing to deepen their knowledge and spice up their approach to teaching yoga. The Advanced Chakra module offers a very comprehensive guide to the chakras, Alessandra expertly weaves the many aspects/ levels of yoga together so you leave the week long module with a much better integrated approach to your understanding of the chakras. It was an awe-inspiring week and I am still happily marinating! Thank you. Maria B. on Embodying The Flow: Prana Vinyasa Mandala of Asanas, January 2018