The Element Earth: Embodying Foundation
All Namaskars within the Prana Vinyasa methodology follow an elemental template of five namaskars for each element, and each namaskar has a corresponding solar-lunar sequence. Deepen your understanding of the second in five life-giving elements with this Earth based module, a part of the 90 Hour Prana Vinyasa Mandala of Asanas Teacher Training.
Module Two: Embodying Earth – Prana Vinyasa Sequencing, Hands-on Assists and Energetic Alignment for Standing Asanas, Arm Balances, and Hip Openers
As the first “pathway” of the all-level Pathways of Prana Vinyasa system, this foundation earth Prana Vinyasa sequence massages your inner and outer hips, hamstrings, side-waist, shoulder and heart opening through the positive repetition of this three-wave prana vinyasa sequence. In this module, teachers begin to learn the Foundation Earth Prana Vinyasa sequence, centered in the hip-opening family. Through the opening movement meditation, classical and dancing warrior namaskars, core cultivation, prana vinyasa wave sequence, peak asana, and lunar mudrasanas of the bhujapidasana and visvamitrasana sequence, we will slowly and effectively embody the flow of prana connected to hip opening, our relationship to the earth and our instinctual body.
• Learn the solar and lunar Earth foundation sequences for the Visvamitrasana/Bhujapidasana family of asanas and work with the Prana Flow Three-Part Vinyasa Method and Vinyasa Krama to teach to all levels
• Reinforce namaskars from Module One, and practice teaching corresponding namaskars to Earth Sequences: Rhythmic Vinyasa B, Dancing Warrior I
• Continue to integrate and understand the five movements and Prana Vinyasa Mudra Vinyasas
• Teach and assist five primary alignment actions of the core “blueprint” asanas of the mandalas and sequence combinations with skill, effectiveness, fluency, and creativity
• Apply Prana Vinyasa Energetic Alignment Method to embody prana and teach these movements as keys to alignment and flow within the Earth Sequence
• Hands on assists and alignment for the new asanas introduced by the Earth Sequence beyond Namaskar
• Introduction to wave sequencing for the earth sequences for hip opening and a lunar sequence for deep flexibility and regeneration
The above module is the second in a series of 6 which make up the full 90-hour Prana Flow teacher training designed to deepen your learning of the 5 life-giving Elements: SOLAR/LUNAR NAMASKAR (Module 1) EARTH (Module 2), WATER (Module 3), FIRE (Module 4), AIR (Module 5) and SPACE (Module 6). Find out more about the full Embodying The Flow: Prana Vinyasa Mandala of Asanas Teacher Training 90 Hour training course here.
This is a unique opportunity for vinyasa practitioners, trainees, new teachers and experienced teachers to connect with the source of vinyasa methodology and practice, as originally taught by Shiva Rea herself. Alessandra has been practicing with Shiva for the last 15 years and assisting her for the last five years. She is also the Founder and Principal of Aditya Yoga School for Conscious Living, which is affiliated with Samudra School of Yoga, offering 200/500 hour teaching qualifications.
The Booking Link will take you to the full 90Hour course booking wizard, which will allow you to select one or more modules of your choice – to book only this workshop, please select MODULE 2
What our students say
Alessandra kindly offers the opportunity for yoga teachers to attend the Intensive modules, part of the 300hrs Course @ Aditya Yoga School, in their “stand-alone” capacity, which is how I came to attend the Advanced Chakra module. Alessandra’s creative, fluid approach, yet firmly rooted in the long-held traditions and ancient roots of yogic teaching, was so inspiring I now taken the unexpected yet exciting step to fully enrol on the 500hr TT course! I am thrilled to learn more under the compassionate guidance of Alessandra and would unreservedly recommend this course to anyone wishing to deepen their knowledge and spice up their approach to teaching yoga. The Advanced Chakra module offers a very comprehensive guide to the chakras, Alessandra expertly weaves the many aspects/ levels of yoga together so you leave the week long module with a much better integrated approach to your understanding of the chakras. It was an awe-inspiring week and I am still happily marinating! Thank you. Maria B. on Embodying The Flow: Prana Vinyasa Mandala of Asanas, January 2018