Yoga for Cardiovascular Conditions: An Introductory Exploration of Yoga’s Ability to Heal our Heart
Yoga can be a tremendous benefit to manage stress post cardiac event. This introductory two-day workshop will offer the opportunity to explore the many different interventions that Yoga has for cardiovascular health as well as its powerful effects to decrease the worsening of some risk factors.
Cardiovascular disease remains the leading cause of death all over the world, and its incidence is increasing mainly due to unhealthy lifestyle and other preventable risk factors.Yoga can be a tremendous benefit to manage stress post cardiac event. The potential benefits of Yoga as an adjunct therapy for cardiovascular disease has been recognized by important organizations, such as American Heart Association, European Society of Cardiology, Harvard Medical School, the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology and even the NHS. Likewise, yoga can be a good addition to medically supervised cardiac rehabilitation programmes and should be seen as an important practice to strengthen the heart muscle and alleviate stress.
These two days are an introduction to the Professional Training Course: Yoga for Cardiovascular Conditions and Cardiac Rehabilitation Training: An in depth exploration offered by Sherezade Ruano at Yogacampus between the 10th and 14th November 2018.
These introductory two days training will cover:
- The Heart, our very first functional organ
- The heart across different cultures and its evolution in the Western world
- Why using Yoga in heart disease and cardiac rehabilitation?
- Research studies and scientific evidence proving Yoga as a safe and effective intervention for heart disease
- Our role as therapists in a Cardiac Yoga session
- Stress and anxiety in cardiovascular disease and the potential benefits of Yoga
- Examples of contraindications and cautions in asana and pranayama
- Practices that can positively influence the cardiovascular system and reduce symptoms
- Experiential anatomy and the heart
- Neurocardiology: the continuous communication between the brain and the heart
The intention of these two days is to offer insights and increase the awareness of the many possibilities that Yoga has for cardiovascular health as well as to explore the different interventions to decrease the worsening of some risk factors. This is a new and exiting opportunity to learn, practice and experiencing how to safely use yoga with especial emphasis in our most vital organ, the heart.
The workshop is aimed at:
- Yoga teachers and Yoga therapists
- Healthcare professionals that would like to expand their knowledge in this area and with special interest in cardiology and cardiovascular health
- This workshop is also suitable for those affected by or recovering from (cardiac rehabilitation) cardiovascular disease that would like to know more about their condition, as well as the many possibilities they have to manage their own health through Yoga
Some previous study of anatomy of the Cardiovascular system is helpful but not essential.
You will receive a Yogacampus certificate of attendance.