This 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) training course makes anyone who completes it a formally qualified emergency first aider. You will obtain a nationally recognised certificate which is valid for 3 years.
The 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) training course includes:
- Professional instruction in an enjoyable and practical course
- First aid books
- All course materials
- All necessary training equipment
- Certificate valid for 3 years (the normal duration on UK regulated first aid training courses).
- There are no hidden costs.
What Will I Learn?
The course syllabus is as required under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
On completion of training successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly, and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer CPR including using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns (inc. electrical) and scalds, splinters
This is a highly practical hands-on training day.
All attendees on this course are continuously assessed by the trainer. There is a multiple choice test and practical assessments during the day. Attendees must reach the required level of knowledge and skills to be awarded the certificate.
Who is the Course for?
The course is open to anyone wishing to take an Emergency First Aid at Work course, including yoga teachers and trainee teachers.
Following successful completion of the multiple-choice question paper and practical exercises, each learner will receive an HSE approved and nationally recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.