Journey into the HeArt of Sacred Sound and Ceremony, an introduction and deep dive immersion into the magical world of SacredSound & Ceremony. The course explores the art of playing Singing Bowls, sacred sound instruments, vocal toning and mantra, within the embrace of Sacred Ceremony. Over the two days Anne will guide you and share the skills of this wonderfully creative and inspirational world of Sacred Sound Ceremony.
No previous experience is necessary and the course is open to students hard of hearing.
Day 1 Morning
- A brief outline of our Course Content followed by a a deeply relaxing SoundBath & Ceremony facilitated by Anne.
- Introduction to singing bowls & brief history of Himalayan singing bowls
- Group demonstration and explanation of techniques (mallet hold and placement, playing/singing technique)
Day 1 Afternoon
- Placement of bowls on body and science behind vibrational contact and effect on molecular make up of body
- Group demonstration and explanation of techniques
- Introduction to Sacred Sound Ceremony
- Joyfully singing Mantra together ... with tips about sharing Mantra
Day 2 Morning
- Introduction of all additional Instruments
- Sansula, Shamanic Drum, Bells, Rainstick & Gong
- vocal toning
- Elements and tools of Sacred Ceremony
- Introduction to hugely self-empowering techniques on how to share and care for your voice
Day 2 Afternoon
- Introduction to Sacred Ceremony for Sound Bath
- Setting intention and holding space for Ceremony
- Our Immersion will culminate in the creating group Ceremonial Sound Baths
Who is this Course for?
The course is ideal for:
- yoga teachers and holistic practitioners interested in an introduction to combining ceremony, sound healing, mantra and song within their professional and/or personal life;
- musicians who wish to add a healing dimension to their wor;,
- anyone in singing bowls and voice, and those wishing to enhance their quality of life through the use of sound therapy.
All levels welcome; no experience necessary and the course to open to students hard of hearing.
If you would like to buy a singing bowl, Anne has sourced some bowls suitable for sound healing and body placement therapy from Nepal (these bowls are called Goddess Bowls). Please e-mail her to view what she has available.
Where to find other Instruments:
All the following can supply Chinese wind gongs, sansula, drums and rainsticks:
Knock on Wood for sansula, rainstick (150 cm), Chinese wind gongs (18 inchdiameter)
Hobgoblin in London
Enlightenment in Glastonbury (all instruments!)
To listen to music for Sound Bath:
Meet the Teacher
As a musician and a student of yoga, Anne Malone has a deep understanding of how music and movement flow and unfold with ease and grace, creating a wonderful world of sacred sound. Anne is an internationally recognised singer/songwriter, with a variety of CDs, one of which “Tender Lullaby” was nominated for the NME Awards in 2009 and entered the iTunes top 10 charts. Her passion for music has taken her on a journey of sound from the vibrant music of Dublin in Ireland to the exotic rhythms of Latin America, the eclectic sounds of USA, and the rich folk traditions of Europe.
Anne’s love of yoga and meditation has added depth of devotion and physical awareness throughout her journey, and by combining her training in Sacred Sound (Chris James), The Journey (Brandon Bays), Sacred Space (Karen Kingston) Flow Yoga (Shiva Rea) and Shamanic Ceremony (Annie Spencer), she is offering a unique yogic musical exploration.
To listen to music for Sound Bath from Anne Malone: www.oasisofsound.com