Those who teach Restorative yoga frequently discover the amazing therapeutic power of this practice. The 30-hour live Level 2 Relax and Renew® training will cover more complex aspects of teaching Restorative yoga than the Level 1 Relax and Renew® course.
- Included will be work with poses that may benefit anxiety, depression, infertility, dysmenorrhea, and other conditions.
- A section of the workshop will focus on the therapeutic aspect of inversions.
- As part of the workshop, Mary Richards, MA in Yoga Therapy and a yoga teacher, will present a two hour lecture on the physiology of relaxation as part of the workshop.
30 contact hours of IN PERSON training taught over 5 days.
To gain certification from Judith as a Relax and Renew™ Level 2 Teacher. For this you will have to:
- Attend all sessions of the training (no exceptions!).
- Complete a project to be submitted by mail no later than one year from the last date of the workshop.
- Pay Yogacampus the certification fee of $175 (US funds) before the time of submission of the project.
Who is the Course for?
PREREQUISITE (no exceptions!): Students must have completed the Relax & Renew® Level 1 : Learning to Teach Restorative Yoga course with Judith Hanson Lasater, or one of her designated teachers, and currently hold a Relax and Renew® Level 1 certificate before registering for the Level 2 course. If not currently Level 1 certified, Judith will be teaching Level 1 online in March 2024 - you may attend and bring the report to the first Level 2 class in May.
- Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times (1995)
- Restore and Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation (2017)
- Teaching Yoga with Intention: The Essential Guide to Skillful Hands-on Assists and Verbal Communication (2021)
An Important Note about Props
The venue does not itself provide props or yoga mats. We will provide you with 1 bolster and 1 blanket. You will need to bring :
- A yoga mat
- 2 bricks and 2 blocks
- Minimum 2 extra blankets and ideally 3
- If possible an extra bolster
- 1 D-ring belt
- an eye bag / eye cover
- 1 hand towel
* Props can be stored in the venue overnight for the duration of the course.
On completion of this intensive, as well as receiving a Yogacampus certificate of completion, you will also have the option to gain certification from Judith as a Relax and Renew™ Teacher. For this you will have to attend all sessions of the training (no exceptions!) and complete a project.
If completed successfully, you will be entitled to certification from Judith as a Relax and Renew™ teacher of Restorative yoga and to a lifetime listing on the www.restorativeyogateachers.com teachers directory. There will be a fee of $175 payable for the marking of this project and lifetime listing on www.restorativeyogateachers.com and Judith will explain all about the Certification during the training and how to pay the $175 certification fee. There will also be an option offered to pay in £ sterling.
Yogacampus Diversity and Accessibility Bursaries
We are offering three part-funded bursaries (50% off the full course price) to dedicated yoga students with a demonstrated financial need and active involvement in a community that could benefit from yoga.
The bursaries are provided by Yogacampus – The Life Centre Education, a not-for-profit educational body committed to sharing knowledge and making yoga accessible to all.
Bursary places will be awarded to teachers or trainees who have the ability and commitment to take the course teachings into a disadvantaged community and play their part in the drive to increase accessibility to these profoundly healing practices.
Priority will be given to those who themselves are from marginalised or vulnerable groups or are from a minority ethnic background.
If you wish to apply please complete the application form by 30 November 2023.
Notification of bursary acceptance will be sent out shortly after the application deadline. The recipients will have the option to pay in 2 instalments.
Meet the Teachers
Judith Hanson Lasater PhD., PT is credited with establishing restorative yoga as a modern yogic discipline and has taught Restorative Yoga teacher trainings around the world since 2001. Her Yogacampus intensives invariably sell out quickly. In this training we will learn the art and skill of teaching restorative yoga.