Please register your interest in advance by clicking the booking link to the right hand side of the page. Your name will be added to an invite list for the training taster event upcoming.
The insomnia and sleeplessness epidemic continues to grow, and offering sleep-supporting individually tailored, customised and flexible experiences enables you to help address a range of comorbid physical and mental health issues.
This training is for those who wish to teach and work therapeutically with individuals to address insomnia and sleep problems.
Based on the work of yoga therapist and psychotherapist Lisa Sanfilippo, the Sleep Recovery™ method integrates simply applied yoga practices, and utilises the yogic concept of the Pancha Koshas and the Ayurvedic Doshas to understand the main pathways that students can use to tailor their approach to better sleep, rest and wakefulness.
Sleep Recovery™ draws on a broad range of yoga tools, practices and perspectives, as well as psychotherapeutic and behavioural approaches to insomnia; and with an understanding of relevant sleep science as well as cultural and philosophical views of sleep and sleeplessness, provides a theoretical and practical basis for teaching and working therapeutically with individuals to address insomnia and sleep problems.
Who is this course for?
- The Sleep Recovery Teacher Training™ (Yoga Therapy / 1:1 Individuals Track) is for yoga therapists, and yoga teachers with substantial one to one teaching experience.
- This training is also for counsellors and therapists as well as medical and other therapeutic professionals in general and/or in mental health who wish to integrate yoga-based knowledge into their existing work with individuals.
Course format and student participation
- Live online group learning experiences. You must attend the whole course including the live online sessions to be certified: catch up via recording for the live online sessions is not possible for this training.
- Combination of structured online independent learning + online group learning exercises
- Self-paced study between group objectives and meetings
- Supervised case study work with individuals throughout the duration of the training
- CPD hours: Circa 60 learning hours (tbc) with homework
What will I learn?
You will learn to integrate key principles in yoga, yoga therapy and psychotherapeutic approaches to support individuals in addressing short term, long term or complex sleep issues.
We will make use of in depth case study work to address:
- Primary sleep problems
- Sleep issues related to other conditions
Upon successful completion of this training and the final assessment exercises, you will be qualified to offer Sleep Recovery™ one to one consultations in person and online appropriate to your professional qualifications and you will be equipped to address a range of sleep related difficulties more comprehensively in your work with individuals.
Successful completion of all the course requirements will grant you access to the Sleep Recovery Network and your first year's membership dues at Sleep Recovery One to One Level are included in the cost of this training.
For those wishing to work with groups to teach Sleep Recovery and yoga for better sleep, there is an adjunct training for this purpose. Click here to view the course.
- Yoga Therapy for Insomnia and Sleep Recovery by Lisa Sanfilippo
- Sleep Recovery: The five step yoga solution to restore your rest by Lisa Sanfilippo
This is not a comprehensive reading list, the full list will be provided on enrolment to the course.
Hours and Certification
Total will be circa 60 CPD hours, this will be clarified at a later date.
On completion of the course you will receive a Yoga Therapy for Insomnia and Sleep Recovery - Working with Individuals 1:1 Certificate, and a Yogacampus Specialist Certificate of Competence.
Meet the Teacher
Lisa Sanfilippo has taught yoga since 2002 and maintained a private yoga therapy practice for nearly a decade. Lisa’s private practice integrates both worlds- yoga and psychotherapy, including her work on Sleep Recovery.
She learnt therapeutics in the Anusara yoga style and in training and assisting Anodea Judith, PhD (world-renowned expert on the chakras and east-west psychology- and a long term practicing psychotherapist). She is fully qualified, with an MA focused on yoga and spiritually-centred psychotherapy through CCPE/ Northampton University.
Lisa has offered training to professionals including Yoga Therapy for Insomnia and Better Sleep- initially through the Minded Institute and now via Yogacampus , where she is on the faculty of the Yoga Therapy diploma. Lisa offers both teacher training and professional development at Triyoga, and mentors /supervises yoga teachers and yoga therapists by request.
Her publications include Yoga Therapy for Insomnia and Sleep Recovery (Singing Dragon, 2019), co-authored a scholarly chapter in Yoga for Mental Health (Birch and Mason, 2018) and the forthcoming Sleep Recovery (Bloomsbury, 2020). She both writes for and is often featured in health and wellbeing publications (including Balance Magazine, Marie Claire online and Evening Standard Magazine).
Lisa is assisted by Sleep Recovery Alumnus Andrea St. Clair, and other Sleep Recovery graduates.